Have fun with your fellow EPSE & LAMP Alumni (and their families) while making a difference in our community. Let’s roll-up our sleeves to help Feeding America! Aside of enjoying each other’s great company and team-building, volunteers will be helping to sort donated food products, separate items into food categories, check expiration dates, discard damaged products and check for recalled items.
NOTE: This Month is combined with the “Starbucks Day of Service” so you may see that on some of the sign-up pages and communication.
- Date: Saturday, April 8, 2017
- Start Time: 2:00 pm (meet at facility around 1:45p for check-in)
- End Time: 4:00 pm
- Location: Feeding America SD – 9455 Waples Street, Suite 135 San Diego, CA 92121
- Cost: Free
- RSVP: Required, See Below
- Note: Participants must be 6 or older
- Point of Contact: Rupinder Battoo
Please contact Rupinder Battoo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Visit https://feedingsandiego.volunteerhub.com/lp/starbucksglobaldayofservice/event/index/4292207
- Click “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner and follow the steps as instructed.
- After you return to the main page, scroll down until you see your group volunteer shift.
- Click the “Sign Up” button to the left of your group’s volunteer shift (‘Starbucks Day of Service’ on Saturday, April 8th from 2pm-4pm)
- Each Volunteer will receive a confirmation email when signed up successfully.
A parent may sign a youth volunteer up by creating a separate account using the same email address, just be sure to choose a different user name for each account online. After signing up the child for the volunteer shift be sure to bring a paper waiver for any volunteers under 18 years, with a parent or guardian signature. The paper waiver is located here:https://feedingsandiego.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Volunteer_Letter_and_Waiver.pdf.
On the day of your event:
- Arrive at 9455 Waples Street, Suite 135 San Diego, CA 92121.
- Make an impact! Bring a donation of nonperishable food like peanut butter, canned vegetables, or canned chicken.
- Sign in, complete a name tag, and drop off waivers.
- Wait in the Volunteer Center for your Volunteer Event to begin.
- During this special event, expect some fun elements like music, a selfie-spot, and special guests.